I hope you enjoyed the podcast with Professor Game as much as I enjoyed being interviewed!
If you'd like to dig deeper into gamification design then a good place to start is by downloading the free book below. It provides an introduction to gamification, games, motivational psychology and how to start designing effective gamification.
Check out the Gamification Geek Facebook page for gamification-related news and updates.
I've also created a Slack Community for gamification enthusiasts, designers, researchers and students. You can apply to join here.
Otherwise, if you have any questions then send me a message. I'll be visiting Europe later this year in October and November so if you're interested in connecting just get in touch.
Learn how to design effective gamification
This free introduction is packed with 67 pages of information on what gamification is and how to design it effectively.
For instant access, just enter your email address below. You'll get a link to download the book, plus you'll receive updates with new articles and tools to help you design gamification effectively.
- Article: Gamification Cheat Sheet
- Here's a cheat sheet I put together to help you with gamification
- Video: Dan Pink - The Puzzle of Motivation
- An excellent video that provides a succinct summary of motivational research and the workplace. Dan Pink highlights in particular that traditional rewards aren't always as effective as we think.
- Book: Seductive Interaction Design by Stephen P. Anderson
- A great book by Stephen P. Anderson that discusses how to make our interfaces and systems more engaging through the use of emotion, social elements and game design.
- Book: Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- If you watched the video above and you want more, you can always check out the book behind it. This is a great read for those interested in the underlying research and it contains a number of useful tools for a number of different contexts.
- Book: Punished by Rewards by Alfie Kohn
- If you're looking for even more detailed research on motivation then look no further. Alfie Kohn provides an extensive review of motivational psychology literature in this book.
- Book: How to Lead a Quest by Dr Jason Fox
- Not only has he got one of the best names in the business, Dr Jason Fox also has one of the best books to help guide leaders in the workplace. A must read.
- Book: Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull (with Amy Wallace)
- Ed Catmull created Pixar and provides some excellent insight and advice to his adventure from researcher to leader of one of the most creative companies ever.